Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Experience the Journey

Whether a project is small or large, it always begins with a vision. Plans are developed with the end in mind. In some cases, the only one who can see the vision clearly is the creator or designer. To those on the outside, the vision is blurred and the process of going from point A to B makes no sense. They are unable to see the big picture. They want to get to the destination without experiencing the journey.

This is often the case as God works in our own lives. He has a vision for each one of us that we don't always see clearly. God reinforced this to me through the journey my son and his high school soccer team just completed. It was a journey that resulted in winning a state championship.

A little over a month ago as I was praying, I ask the Lord to grant Brett and his team the opportunity to make it to the state championship one last time. While God didn't speak to me audibly, I did feel a sense of peace that He would allow this to happen. I felt Him telling me that the destination was all ready determined but to trust Him during the journey. This was difficult to do because I had no control over the outcomes. Injuries, mid season losses, & a lack of leadership had me wondering whether this was all wishful thinking on my part. What I experienced was nothing short of remarkable. I saw God do an incredible work in these young peoples lives and in my own. Hearts were transformed and valuable life lessens were learned.

God calls us to trust Him and not rely on our own understanding. He wants us to experience the journey on our way to the destination (Proverbs 3:5-6). It's through these experiences that we gain wisdom and grow in our faith. Our relationship with God is strengthened.

No comments:

Post a Comment